Sunday, March 22, 2009

I have a new friend.

And she is AWESOME!!!! I have been going through the last 5-6 yrs pretty much devoid of 'spirituality.' My reason? Well, falling in love can do funny things to a girl (if she lets it).

Not that it's his fault, but my hubby just doesn't really believe... in anything. I guess he is teh true definition of agnostic. He doesn't denouce it, he just needs more proof. And, well, I can get pretty airy faery about what I believe in. And for some reason or another I became ashamed of my beliefs around him. And well, we're married and we have two children now (4yr and 12mo.), so we spend a lot of time together. So I just put the little hippie girl in a box and forgot about her. Then she even got pretty covered up and the mom role and the wifey role and the care taker role to a diabetic 2 yr old and all that that can bring.

and then, not to long ago, a girl that I really liked but for my own selfish reasons had taken her out of my life, re-entered. and with a bit of a force! A force I was not quite ready for, but she just wouldn't take no for an answer, and I'm sure glad she didn't!!

Anyway, she's a blast to be around and she also teaches me so many things by just being herself. Realizing who she is, and what works for her and going with it. If she wants to stretch or rub her legs cause that's what helps her to ground out, so be it. It's so nice to have this reflection back in my life.

I feel like she's here to help me recognize the things I need to work on to get to where I want to be. Actually I think she's here just to remind me of what I already know. I just need to trust myself.

hmph, yeah. I think that'll do. Trust. yeah.

Well, 'til next time!

No comments: