Monday, March 23, 2009

Reflections

Reflections of my soul. they are many, like the many facets of a finely cut stone. The depth, the flash of color, the beauty. It's all me. And I like it. I think it's nice to be able to say, 'Yea. Yea, I AM OK.' And truly believe it.

Now, I 'm not saying I'm perfect. If I was, I would have nothing to work on. And what fun would life be if I didn't have anything (or part/ aspect of myself) to work on? Nobody really wants to be friends with a perfectionist. As a human being, I can strive for perfection in certain areas that I would like to do well, but I can't be perfect in every way. And THAT'S OK!!!!

I do feel more balanced. I am better able to see my emotions, now it's catching them before they (the nasty ones that I'd like to get under control) come out. But I've one way for my whole life so far. It's hard to undo 30 years of habit. So as long as I take it slow, one step at a time, I will be where I want to be.

And that's all that matters to me. I'm getting to the point to where I just don't care what other folks think of me. I don't care what strangers think of me. I've always been very worried about the judgements of strangers.

I've had a hard time adjusting to being a mom and housewife because I've been trying to cram myself into some sort of labeled mold that I just don't fit into. But all that matters in the big picture of things is, how is my kid? Is he good? Is he where I'd like him to be? does he reflect the type of mother that I am, and is that OK with me? And you what? He's a good kid. He's smart, he's pretty well behaved, he says please and thank you (most of the time). I mean, really, what more could I want? And why would I want more? He's perfect just the way he is!! (Can you tell I'm reminding myself?)

But anyways, this Journey we call Life is a very interesting one. It has it's ups and downs. And when I die I'd like to say, I enjoyed every minute of this, sometimes chaotic, life.

Blessings to you, my unknown friends!! My life smile upon you today and every day!!

Namaste

2 comments:

Tanuja said...

I just found your blog yesterday and you have inspired me to start a new blog about my spiritual journey. I think we all are on a spiritual (not necessarily religious) path. And it is important that we are aware of it.
And it's more than okay to know that you are not perfect...nobody is! :)

Gina said...

Hugs to you my dear.